6.16.2005

So many things to do so little time...

Today is June 16 and is National Hollerin' Contest Day.

I would apologize for not posting in awhile but hey I have been busy as all hell so deal.

Cat's graduation was wonderful. I was not aware until I was taping it but she graduated with high honors and was the person who did the turning of the tassels. She looked great even in her push up bra and hooker heels. She is just so damned tiny and hates every second of it. I drove over with my other sister Mary Ellen. (One of these days I will do a family tree and you will see how many siblings I have.) We had fun watching Cat be all grown up and talked about when she was all tiny and stuff. It is strange I feel time is flying by so fast. I could have sworn I dropped her on her head just last week. Wait, no I dropped Brian. Mary dropped Catherine. Hmmm maybe Mary stunted her growth. Mary and I went for drinks afterwards and then I drove her home. I never get to spend any one on one time with the siblings any more so it was really nice even if all she did was complain about her mother in-law. I am sure I would complain if I had one to.

My graduation was great as well. I did not fall on my ass, I did not trip on the stage, and I did not get a bloody nose just before having to walk, so all was good. Inge did the welcome speech and she was amazing. So much better than the others and that includes the politician. (Hmmm Inge have you ever thought about writing speeches for a living?) I got to see quite a few people I have not seen in the last few months and thank them yet again for their help in my classes. This is especially true for Melissa without whom I would have never made it through a majority of things. I forced my favorite teacher Mr. Carter to hug me too. He was all embarrassed it was great. A whole lot of people were there including family and I did not think it was going to be a big deal but as I was sitting there listening to Inge talk the realization hit that I was graduating and this was a important stepping stone in my life. Afterwards we all went back to the big house and got very drunk at the carnivores party. Ahhh the times that I cannot remember. I do know that I found what started out as my full bottle of tequila the next day and was horrified to discover it was complete empty and that only I was drinking out of it because I had it hid well. That would explain the horrible hangover I had that day and into the next. Great party though. :)

The following Saturday 6/11/05 we had Girls night out. Everyone looked fabulous and real effort was made to go fancy just as I had hoped. We started out at the Armory and let me tell you the chocolate cake martini is so yummy. After awhile it was time to move on so half of us stayed to finish drinks in progress and the other half walked over to Una's where I had a prickly pear margarita and something else that I could not even say let alone spell. Then right before 11:00 we walked or staggered to the Asylum to get in free and for much cheaper drinks. Once there we met up with the men folk who had been hanging out in various bars of their own all night and were feeling good as well. I would like to say that is was not my intention to drink heavily. I fully intended to stay just tipsy but combining martinis and tequila just set me over the edge. As far as I know everyone had a wonderful time spent way to much money and did nothing stupid so it was all good. Afterwards I went home with my wonderful and amazing boyfriend who took care of me because I could not even figure out how to get out of my clothing never mind find the bed.

Somehow that Saturday night I wound up getting a free ticket to VNV Nation who played in Boston the next day. The show was wonderful I loved NIN's but I have to admit VNV put on one hell of a show. They were so nice. Throwing water to the over heated crowd, telling jokes in between songs, talking to people they could see and then they sang and were simply amazing. Tallon gave me their newest CD for a graduation gift and I do not think I appreciated it fully until I heard it live. Yes, I was dangerously close to passing out the entire show. I dunked my head in the sink twice. Applied ice to every pulse point I had. Was helped to the door no less than 4 times to get air and was being held up by Tallon and Psichron . Without question it was worth it and I am so glad I was invited.

It has been a busy few weeks and through it all has been one major theme. Fun and friends I am glad I get to enjoy them together.


Oh on a side note....Endless Skies is possibly my favorite song off of the new VNV Nation Album called "Matter and form" the words are beautiful. Take a look, do a search, and listen to the rest. When your done go buy this album!!!

Endless Skies


How many years since you found yourself
Staring at an endless sky?

Unaware of yourself
Who you are and where you're going
Only living
Only breathing
Losing all sense of time

The most fragile of things
Captivates and embraces you
Surrender and be witness
To this rarest of moments

You live within the sense
Of the order of things
What is truth
What is important
What defines you

No need to fear
No need to worry
About years that passed
About time you lost

Live seconds as a lifetime
Time it does not matter
You live within the sense
Of the stillness of time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home